In the Wild West days of the internet, it’s essential to protect your online privacy. There’s always a potential danger or exploitation lurking behind every click. With tech companies mining users’ data and selling it off to the highest bidder, anyone using the internet needs a VPN more than ever. Besides, scammers, spies, hackers, and trolls are on the prowl, looking to steal people’s information online. Therefore, not using a best-paid VPN can be compared to walking naked, especially when you join a public Wi-Fi.
Moreover, remote work is now the new norm for millions of workers, making remote VPN access essential to secure privacy and top security online.
However, as the market for paid VPNs continues to rise, it could be hard to make out through the choices to see the best-paid VPN that will meet your specific needs. You can check out our VPN Guide before starting your subscription with the best-paid VPN.
Meaning of VPN
A VPN or a virtual private network offers users online anonymity and privacy by providing a private network. VPN services offer safe, secure, and encrypted connections. The general idea of VPNs is that it gives privacy and protection when surfing the web. Whether you’re a business owner or a casual browser, getting the best paid VPN service can go a long way in enhancing your online security.
What to Look Out When Selecting a Best Paid VPN
- VPNs with Money-Back Guarantee – Endeavor to check out VPNs that provide a money-back guarantee. You should first take the VPN for a test to know if it meets your needs. Firms that offer this form of warranty will ensure it’s simple to have your funds back.
- No Logs VPNs – Along with a no-logs guarantee offer, the best paid VPN won’t gather, follow, or monitor your web browsing activities and history. If your web privacy is essential to you, you should have a VPN that respects your right to be anonymous.
- Powerful Encryption Protocols – A safe VPN will keep your browsing activities private and secure when you join a public Wi-Fi. Following the rise of internet hackers, having the best VPN service is vital to prevent criminals from accessing your sensitive information. Having a strong VPN protocol is an excellent means to secure your internet or browsing traffic.
- The Speed of Bandwidth and Performance – The primary aim of a VPN is for your online privacy and security; however, you don’t want to compromise on the speed. Fast streaming should be your priority, whether you’re looking to get the top paid VPN for Android or the best paid VPN for iOS. If you want to have fast internet, then go for an unlimited bandwidth because it won’t limit your ISP speed.
- VPNs with Kill Switch Ability – VPNs with Kill Switch will help you maintain your online privacy always, including when your Wi-Fi cuts and reconnects. Having a kill switch capability is just like a security button. This feature won’t waste time to turn your internet off when your VPN stopped working. A kill switch is vital if you are looking for a VPN.
- Multiple Devices Availability – If you are searching for a VPN to secure your phone, tablet, and laptop, you should get a paid VPN service that offers coverage to several devices. It’s essential to have a VPN that secures about five devices.
- Customer Service Support – Choose a VPN provider with a customer service guarantee. Get a paid VPN that offers 24/7 customer service. The top paid VPN service should make it easy for users to get in touch with its support team. It should have several contact options, including Live Chat, a ticketing system, and via email. Most importantly, it should have friendly customer service reps ready to help with any issues you might be having.
Best Paid VPN
Using a trustworthy VPN is the major means to secure your device when surfing the internet. However, with the hundreds of available VPN services, how can you determine the VPN service that is best or safe to utilize?
Here are our top best paid VPNs:
We ranked NordVPN among the best paid VPN 2021 because of its security and reliability. It provides a simultaneous connection count and six simultaneous connections via its network. On the other hand, other VPN providers offer five or fewer. Moreover, NordVPN provides a dedicated IP choice for people searching for a diverse VPN connection level. NordVPN has a kill switch capability and fast speeds. The firm’s two-year subscription plan is charged at $3.71 a month. This price is more affordable than most of its competitors. NordVPN offers a 30-day refund offer.
Other features of NordVPN include:
- About 5000 number of IP addresses.
- No logging of web traffic or activity.
- Excellent apps for iOS and Androids.
- Netflix access.
- 5,200-plus servers.
- 62 server locations.
- The company is based in Panama but operates in 62 countries.
- The subscription plan for a two-year plan is $3.71 a month.
This is another top-paid VPN. CyberGhost has robust competitive features. It has increased its server numbers and has prepared to launch new privacy tools while remaining one of the most price-friendly VPNs at the cost of $2.75 a month for a plan of three years. The VPN connection security and speed are improving. It equally provides a split-tunneling in the Windows client. It contains neat servers arranged in customer-friendly categories, such as torrenting servers, NoSpy servers, streaming servers, and static IP address servers. CyberGhost is based in Romania (the parent company is located in the UK);
The VPN firm enforces no data caps and permits the switching of an unlimited server. The features include:
- About 7,100 server numbers worldwide in over 90 countries.
- 112 server location numbers.
- Five simultaneous connections numbers.
- A three-year subscription plan at the cost of $2.75 a month.
ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN service provider. The network is powered by the TrustedServer system built by ExpressVPN to ensure no log of customers’ online activities. ExpressVPN has an excellent track record in the aspect of privacy, having witnessed a server seizure by officials that has proved its zero-log directive right.
Like other best paid VPN, ExpressVPN avoids network data from divulging outside of its safe VPN tunnel on the occasion of VPN connection failure. The subscription plan costs less than $7 a month for a yearly package that includes 30 days refund policy.
The firm has been in the VPN business since 2009, and it offers:
- Fast VPN server networks spread in 94 countries.
- High speed.
- A strict no-logging policy.
- Split tunneling.
- Excellent apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Netflix access
TunnelBear is another top paid VPN. The speed is fair, and it has steadily enhanced over the years. TunnelBear’s transparency is seen by its annual transparency reports and independent security audits. No DNS, IP address, or any potentially customer-identifying data leaks were recorded in official testing. On the subscription plan, the least costly TunnelBear goes for $120 for a three-year plan. Also, subscribers can pay through Bitcoin and credit cards. Unlike others, TunnelBear doesn’t receive payment via PayPal.
- Standard AES-256 TunnelBear encryption.
- TCP Override to avoid choppy or unstable connections.
- VigilantBear to strengthen privacy while connecting and reconnecting.
- The GhostBear feature fights censorship on restrictive networks.
- Supports “Perfect Forward Secrecy.
- About 1,800 servers in 23 countries.
This VPN offers a superb network with over 700 servers in 73 locations in 64 countries. The servers are concentrated in North America and Europe. However, VyperVPN has about 14 locations in Asia, five locations in the Middle East, seven locations in South and Central America, five locations in Oceania, and two locations in Africa. The website has claims of ‘no logging’. In 2018, it organized an independent audit to verify the claim that it does not share or log on to users’ online activities.
The company has excellent welcome features, such as:
- Unlimited data transfer.
- Support of P2P in the network.
- A personalized Chameleon protocol to aid in bypassing VPN blockings.
- 24/7 customer service support to maintain adequate service.
- A wide range of platform support includes apps for Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, the best Chromebooks with routers, QNAP, Smart TVs, and Anonabox.
PureVPN is one of the best paid VPN. It has about 300,000 IP addresses, about 2000 servers, and 180 location server numbers. PureVPN’s country of jurisdiction is Hong Kong. The subscription plan goes for $3.33 a month for one year, while a 5-year plan costs $1.65 a month.
Also, PureVPN doesn’t log connection information. The firm became a member of the “no log” movement in 2018 that was verified lately through a third-party audit called Altius IT. PureVPN provides a 31-day refund directive and backs payment via Bitcoin so that it will heighten anonymous browsing. What’s more, the firm has Chromebook and Kodi available solutions. It is vital to add that the company was the first VPN provider to execute the GDPR fully.
- Excellent software and Apps.
- 2,000 plus Servers in 141 Countries.
- Access all Servers in one Package.
- 5 Multi logins.
- Unlimited Server Switching and data transfer.
- Compatible with over 20 Devices.
- Split tunneling.
- 99.99% Uptime
This a top and award-winning VPN service that provides all features you possibly want for an affordable cost. According to the company’s website, Ivacy VPN provides over 1,000 servers in about 100 locations in more than 50 countries. It supports various apps such as downloads for Mac, iOS, Mac, and Android; it also supports Edge, Chrome, and Firefox extensions. It also has instructions for the manual creation of services on Linux, Kodi, consoles, and routers.
Ivacy VPN is always torrent-friendly. It has no logging and contains malware blocking. The VPN service supports about five simultaneous connections. It includes a kill switch to secure your privacy when the connection fails. Ivacy supports OpenVPN and IKEv2, and L2TP protocols, while split tunneling permits you to select your route traffic via the VPN tunnel. Ivacy has 24/7 customer support service. The prices and subscription plans are low. The monthly plan is fair at $9.95, while the five-year plan is cheap at $1.16 a month. Additional features include:
- 256-Bit Encryption.
- No-logs policy.
- Public Wi-Fi security.
- Internet kill switch.
- Unlimited server switching.
- Limitless data transfer.
- Split tunneling.
Tabular Comparison of Top Paid VPNs
|No of servers
Best Paid VPN for Android
Using a trustworthy VPN is the major means to secure your phone. However, with over 200 VPNs in the Play Store for Android, how can you determine the VPN service that is best or safe to utilize?
These are the best-paid VPNs for securing your privacy on the Android device:
Despite its strong performance as a VPN provider, Surfshark’s app for Android provides an interface that is amazingly intuitive for first-time customers. It has a four-tab design that hides connection options and privacy tools in Android, indicating a one-click connection tab on the app’s landing screen. Surfshark offers customer support choices for the dedicated Android app, such as its user guide library and ticket features.
Though the Surfshark network is not as robust as some of the other top paid VPNs, it’s service makes up for its outstanding features like unlimited device support. You shouldn’t worry about the number of several devices connected on Surfshark’s VPN. Also, it has ad-blocking, antimalware, and tracker-blocking as an integral part of its software. It has an encryption standard of AES-256-GCM. It supports “Perfect Forward Secrecy”, indicating that it always changes encryption keys to prevent security compromises.
Apart from its Android support, the company has a robust range of app support on iOS, Windows, Mac, FireTV, and routers. Also, Surfshark provides two unique modes crafted for people who wish to get off the restrictions and hide their online activities carefully. The Camouflage Mode covers your VPN activities so that your ISP won’t be aware you are utilizing a VPN. At the same time, NoBorders Mode permits you to utilize Surfshark in restrictive places. You can use the advantage of its 30-day trial to know if you can use the service on your Android.
ExpressVPN continuously tops the fastest VPN lists. Its Android app is made along with a streamlined measure targeted at linking quickly without an issue. One button on the landing screen links an Android customer to connect fast with a drop-down location selector’s accompanying choice. This will select your quickest nearby city by default.
ExpressVPN privacy and security tools, support page, settings, and account choices are all put cleanly tucked away under a three-bar icon in the screen’s top corner. ExpressVPN has added an inside IP address checker, with a password generator and two leak testers.
The network is powered by the Trusted Server system built by ExpressVPN to ensure no log of customers’ online activities. ExpressVPN has an excellent track record in the aspect of privacy, having witnessed a server seizure by officials that has proved its zero-log directive right then. Like other top paid VPN, ExpressVPN avoids network data from divulging outside of its safe VPN tunnel on the occasion of VPN connection failure.
The firm has been in the VPN business since 2009, and it features significant fast VPN server networks that are spread in 94 countries. ExpressVPN’s best subscription plan makes it among the best VPNs for android.
NordVPN is an excellent VPN service provider that also offers user-friendliness. Nord’s app for Android is simple to interact with, just like its desktop VPN client with a similar design. It has no learning curve for a first-time customer seeking to move away from desktop to android mobile.
Like the desktop client, Nord’s app features a landing screen blue-scale map where customers can automatically select a country or link to the quickest server. NordVPN also comes with a tunneling feature that permits you to choose other apps you don’t wish to run through your encrypted VPN connection.
The VPN provides six simultaneous connection count that is permitted through its network. It gives a dedicated IP choice for people seeking a different level of VPN connection. Nord VPN as well offers a kill switch feature.
Best Paid VPN for iOS
These are the best-paid VPN for securing your privacy on iOS:
1. Surfshark VPN
Just like Android, Surfshark’s app for iOS also provides an interface that is amazingly intuitive for first-time customers on iOS. It has a four-tab design that hides connection options and privacy tools, indicating a one-click connection tab on the app’s landing screen. Surfshark offers customer support choices for the dedicated Android app, such as its user guide library and help ticket features.
Like in the Android app, the ExpressVPN app for iOS is made along with a streamlined measure targeted at linking quickly without an issue. One button on the landing screen links an iOS customer to connect fast with a drop-down location selector’s accompanying choice. This will select your quickest nearby city by default.
Just like the desktop client, Nord’s iPhone app features a landing screen familiar blue-scale map where iPhone customers can choose a country or link automatically to the quickest server.
Best Paid VPN for Mac
Apple’s devices are known for their top-notch security. However, macOS cannot give you complete internet traffic encryption and stop your ISP from tracking your online activities. This is an area VPNs come into action. The top paid VPN for Mac are:
NordVPN for Mac has quick speeds, robust security features, and unblocks global streaming sites. It provides Mac VPN customers with six simultaneous connection count through its network. It gives a dedicated IP choice for people seeking a different level of VPN connection. NordVPN offers a kill switch feature.
ExpressVPN has exclusive features, a secure Safari extension, a kill switch, and a DNS leak guide. Browser extensions are fast to download. Thus, the VPN is a great choice to encrypt your browser traffic if you run on a slower and older Mac. The complete macOS app is simple to use. The network is fast and reliable, along with 3,000 servers in about 94 countries across the world. ExpressVPN’s macOS app is secured and utilizes a 256-bit AES encryption, and it provides the OpenVPN protocol.
3. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN’s “NoBorders Mode” utilizes servers to overcome censorship, while its “Camouflage mode” makes you get around firewalls. This feature enables you to use Mac to unblock monitored WiFi networks and bypass restrictions from the government. The VPN is excellent in accessing world streaming sites, such as Hulu, Netflix, Philo TV, HBO Max and Sling TV without any challenges. Even though it has fewer networks, Surfshark is quick and straightforward to use on the macOS app. The company’s security features are enabled automatically; thus, you shouldn’t worry about any complicated settings. Moreover, you will see all the basics, such as 256-bit encryption, leak protection, and kill switch. Finally, there is a tracker, built-in ad, and malware blocker that protects from phishing.
The primary idea of a VPN is that it permits you to hide when surfing the web. The fundamental aim of any VPN service is the protection of your identity and privacy. VPN is an excellent defense against online privacy activities, especially when you used best paid VPNs. And you can be confident that there are trustworthy VPNs that have no-logs policies. What’s more, most of these VPNs are affordable, helping you keep your online anonymity or surf private without breaking the bank. When you link to your server using a best paid VPN, your ISP won’t know and track the sites you visit.